Rights & Responsibilities
Regardless of your role in sport, you have a number of rights and responsibilities.
You have the right to:
- not be subjected to abuse or harassment while competing or at practice, undertaking administrative duties, in the club room and at other club social events;
- not be unfairly discriminated against by decisions made by your club or association (e.g., decisions about membership, selection, access to facilities and equipment);
- complain about inappropriate and unlawful behaviours and for complaints to be taken seriously and acted upon promptly;
- a fair process and not to be victimised if you make a complaint or are complained about.
You have the responsibility to contribute to safe and harassment-free sport by:
- treating others with dignity and respect
- behaving in a manner that does not put either yourself or others at risk of harm
- responding to situations where you see others being treated unfairly, bullied or harassed.
People participate in sport and recreation for many different reasons and they should be able to...