Image of sport administrators taking notes

In Australia, each state and territory has child safety laws that set out responsibilities for both organisations and individuals who work or have contact with children. There is no national child safety system or legislation, so you’ll need to understand what’s required in each state or territory.

It's important to note that if you're travelling interstate for sport and recreation, you will need to understand and meet the requirements for each state or territory. For example, on many interstate trips people will need to comply with more than one state law – so if someone travels from Perth with children to Melbourne they will need to comply with Western Australian law and Victoria law.

Click on the 'Read More' buttons below to see the relevant child safety laws for your state/territory.