Quick Reference Guide
03 February 2012
Sport and recreation organisations across the country regularly have to deal with a range of harassment, discrimination and child protection issues involving players, coaches, officials and spectators.
This Quick Reference Guide shows where you can find the essential information and services to help you resolve these issues, including:
• Referring illegal or unlawful behaviour
• Promoting a positive, child-safe environment
• Making and resolving complaints
The Guide also includes links to key sporting and recreation bodies, government agencies and non-government organisations, along with a short description of the support they can provide. These include:
• Sport and recreation organisations: National
• Sport and recreation organisations: State and territory
• Child protection/child welfare agencies
• Equal opportunity and anti-discrimination agencies
• Dispute resolution and mediation services
• Legal services and advice
• Counselling services
Download the Quick Reference Guide > click here
Information on Reporting child abuse and Working with children checks is also available at: www.playbytherules.net.au/resources
Play by the Rules has interactive tools on managing risks, dealing with complaints and template...
Coaches, officials and ground marshal's want to put a stop to bad behavior at sporting events,...
Welcome to the Play by the Rules Resources Library. In this section you can browse and search for...
Please find the following information sheets on reporting child abuse relevant for all states and...