Players can help promote positive sporting environments by:
Being a good sport
- Play with respect, integrity and fairness
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat
- If you win, don’t rub it in
- If you lose, don’t make excuses
- Control your temper
- Don’t use bad language or make derogatory remarks.
Respect your opponent
- Treat your opponent the way you would like to be treated
- Thank the opposition at the end of the game
- Accept and respect the official’s decision
- Thank the official at the end of the game
- If you have an issue, raise it in a professional way with your coach or captain after the game.